When it comes to face masks, everyone has their preferred types. Some like face masks that help to whiten or brighten skin while others like the kinds which help prevent acne. It’s a little mind boggling how many different variants … Continue reading
“Problem skin” is definitely what describes my skin best. If I’m not being plagued by acne, then I worry and fret over my unsightly sebaceous filaments, uneven skin tone, and dark spots (most of them being post-acne marks). There was a … Continue reading
I’m always on the lookout for great beauty products that promise to get rid of or lighten blackheads. Why? Aside from dreaming to have nearly flawless skin, when I put on my makeup, my main concern is to conceal my pores – especially the ones clogged with unsightly blackheads! If I had less visible pores, or even just ‘cleaner’ pores, then this wouldn’t be such a worry for me anymore, of course. This is why I’m so glad I discovered Snoe’s Snoe White (whitening detox clay mask with vitamin c-rich calamansi)!
Calamansi helps eliminate deep-seated dirt that has accumulated within the skin pores. The fruit can be used for whitening and bleaching the skin. It is rich in Vitamin C and Alpha Hydroxyl Acids (AHA). A natural astringent that can eliminate blackheads and can dry up pimples.
Snoe White Vitamin C-Rich Calamansi Whitening Detox Clay Mask of pure botanicals, herbs, and select ingredients, absorb impurities and control excess oil to detoxify and renew your skin from deep within. Revitalize skin and help protect against the appearance of aging. Radiate health and beauty with Snoe Beauty Products!
Active Ingredients added to Calamansi:Activated Bamboo Charcoal — attracts and absorbs impurities. It unclogs pores and removes dead skin cells from the top layer of the skin as it removes excess oil and dirt from pores effectively and completely.
Kaolin — cleanses, purifies, heals, soothes, nourishes and tones all skin types and improves blood circulation without leading to skin dryness.
Collagen — rejuvenates maturing skin, elasticize and softens, delays aging skin and hydrates and moisturizes as it improves skin’s pigmentation.
How to use:Use once a week or as often as needed. After cleaning with Snoe White Beauty Bar, apply on face. Allow to dry for 5-10 minutes, then rinse well. Best for all skin types.
Ingredients:Bamboo-activated carbon water, Cetearyl alcohol, Propylene glycol, Micro crystalline, Paraffin, Calamansi extract, Panthenol, Kaolin, Collagen, Seaweed extract, Activated bamboo charcoal, Lactic acid, Phenoxyethanol.
- Locally made. It’s available at any Snoe store or stall, or you can purchase it online at their website
- Quite affordable
- For those who’ll be using this like me and only on certain parts of your face, this product should last you at least 2-3 months or more
- The scent is very mild
- Good for all skin types
- Since it’s only available in their 40 gram quantity tins, and that might be too little for people who’ll be using it as an actual mask on their entire face, especially if they do so more than once a week
- It takes a bit of effort to wash it off your skin after. You’ll probably need to do some gentle scraping with your nails or rubbing to get it all off
Price: PHP249.00, Purchased from: Snoe (Cinderella, Glorietta 3, Makati)
Another review, another TONY MOLY product!
What can I say? I’ve been splurging on them quite recently, but I do have other products from other brands in mind (Etude House, Maybelline, and Lioele specifically) that I already either recently bought or will purchase soon enough that I’ll definitely put to the test also.
This time around however, it’s TONY MOLY’s Masquerade 4D Black Dress Mask. The review will be short and sweet since how much detail exactly can one go for a one-time use face mask?
Isn’t the packaging just the cutest? I love anything that’s masquerade-themed, and a part of me still wishes it was shaped like an actual, traditional masquerade mask but that would be silly. Haha.
There are, of course, instructions in English and Korean; but the illustrations are already easy enough to understand. Cleanse your face first like you normally do, then unfold the mask, place it onto your face and arrange it so it covers as much as possible and sits on your face properly, then rub in the excess or leftover serum afterwards when you remove it. The mask should be left on for 15-20 minutes.
The mask itself. Yes, it really is black! Gave quite a few people in my house a surprise when they stumbled upon me wearing it because it does kind of make you look like a mugger or burglar with a ski mask on. I just pulled it straight from the package so it’s still thickly covered in the formula.
More product info and claims: 30㎖ Watery Oil Type. Improves wrinkles and provides elasticity.
Ingredients: Black Wrinkle Complex (adenosine, acacia collagen, chrysanthemum callus culture extract / black honey / black bean / black pearl / wine extract / white pine water / lavender / tomato
You should note that I didn’t expect any immediate or dramatic effects after using this product since first of all, it is only a face mask and is more for pampering and adding that boost of improvement to your skin than anything. Its main claim is also to improve wrinkles and provide elasticity to the skin. But as a 24 year old, I still have no wrinkles that actually need improving (yet) so I can’t comment on that particular claim. However, I did mention earlier that it did make my skin feel quite supple afterwards so it may hold onto the latter claim of providing elasticity. I highly suggest for older women, especially those with dry skin, to try this product out for sure!
- The packaging design is lovely and eye-catching, and the mask itself is unique with its black coloring
- It has quite a pleasant, almost powdery, scent
- It has a cooling sensation to it, so it’s a plus when you want to pamper yourself to beat the heat while also improving your skin
- My skin feels smoother and nearly 2 hours after using it, it still feels supple and hydrated. I think this would be particularly great also for those with dry skin
- The excess serum or formula takes a while to be absorbed into the skin when you’re done using the mask, even after rubbing or massaging it in. It took at least 30-45 minutes before I could apply my toner and moisturizer
- Some may find it a bit pricey for just one mask