So in one of my recent posts, this one specifically, I told you all about how much I loved the Nivea 3-in-1 Daily Deep Cleansing Exfoliating Wipes. I also mentioned that there were two variants, right? Well, I’m here to review the second one, which is the Nivea Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes!
Daily Essentials Gentle Face Cleansing Wipes specially developed to care for the needs of dry & sensitive skin softens & soothes your skin.
Dry to sensitive skin needs to be especially well hydrated, nourished and protected, because it usually lacks moisturising elements and resistance against external factors. Replenishing the skin with moisture is essential for skin to feel hydrated and look radiant all day long. This is why NIVEA has introduced revolutionary Hydra IQ moisture technology.
Enriched with Natural Almond Oil & Hydra IQ the Gentle Facial Cleansing wipes:
- Gently cleanses, removing make-up and waterproof mascara
- Leaves skin feeling hydrated
- The formula with Natural Almond Oil is mild and caring and it suitable for dry & sensitive skin.
- Formulated with Hydra IQ technology to enhance your skin’s natural moisturisation.
The skin is mildly cleansed & moisturised looking radiant and feeling soft all day long.
In terms of the size of the sheets, they’re the same as the exfoliating wipes in that they’re quite big. Basically as long as a cleansing wipe is bigger than my hand, then I’m happy. The biggest difference between the two though is that these don’t have the exfoliating bumps; it’s completely smooth on either side.
To show you how effective these wipes are, I’ve generously swatched different kinds of makeup on my hand. I have on foundation (light-medium coverage), eyeshadow, concealer (cream), lipstick (long-lasting and semi-matte), lipgloss, liquid eyeliner (waterproof), and mascara (waterproof).
Before I start, I’ll show you how I use the wipes to get the most out of them. I fold every sheet into quarters and use each ‘square’ for each area of my face. So one for my left cheek, right cheek, t-zone, then the upper lip and chin. That’s all from one side of the sheet. I finish off by repeating the same process with the other side. This helps make sure you use as much of the sheet as possible!
Alright, now to get to work. After just one swipe using one ‘square’, you can see how most of the makeup is gone already. Yes, that was from only one, gentle swipe! So far, it’s only the waterproof eyeliner, and a mix of the lipstick and lipgloss, that’s really trying to hold on for dear life.
This is the result on the sheet from that one swipe. I didn’t even use the entire square, just half!
I flipped the sheet over to another, clean square and again swiped the back of my hand only once. Now look, the makeup is all but gone already! All that’s left is a hint of the lipstick and eyeliner.
I finished the job by using the remaining, clean sides of the sheet all over my hand and employing a mix of swiping and gently rubbing. In less than a minute the job was done and the back of my hand was ready-for-bed clean. I even ran a cotton ball soaked with astringent all over and not a trace of makeup could be found on it. Not only that, my skin felt a little smoother and more supple too!
If the back of my hand was my face, and I didn’t have the time or the energy to wash with a cleanser, I can go to sleep completely confident that my skin was clean enough for me to not worry about clogged pores causing breakouts or damaging my skin in any other way the next day. In fact, that’s exactly how I feel on days (or should I say nights) when I suddenly fall asleep and don’t get the chance to wash my face because I’ve made it a habit to wipe my face clean with the Nivea Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes as soon as I get home everyday. Plus, my dry skin only benefits from the extra moisture the wipes give!
I’m sure you’re now wondering which variant I prefer. Honestly, it’s difficult choose! I like to use both interchangeably. But if I really had to pick just one, it would be the Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes. For me, it offers the same deep cleaning action but with the added hydration that my skin also needs.
WHAT I LIKE:
- Deep cleans the skin.
- Provides extra hydration to my face and makes it feel more supple.
- The wipes aren’t thin and flimsy like with cheaper brands.
- They don’t leave any residue behind.
- Affordably priced.
- Has a light, floral scent. Just something to take note for those of you who are particular when it comes to fragrances in beauty products.
- Even if you don’t have dry skin, you can certainly still use this variant. Just remember to still exfoliate 1-3 times a week, depending on your skin’s sensitivity, because exfoliation is very beneficial to oily skin. If you want to know why, have a read of my review on the Nivea 3-in-1 Daily Deep Cleansing Exfoliating Wipes here.
Price: PHP140.00, Purchased from: PR Sample
Okay, so it’s safe to say I’m totally in love with both variants of the Nivea cleansing wipes. My reviews speak for themselves. But now I want to give you guys the chance to try them out too!
There will be two winners who will each win both variants of the Nivea wipes, plus a cute, Nivea canvas cosmetics bag! The giveaway will last for one week only, from January 31 to February 6. As per usual, please make sure to carefully read through the mechanics below before joining. Good luck!
- This giveaway is open to PHILIPPINE residents only. Sorry, my lovely international readers!
- If you are under 18 years of age, please make sure to have a parent or guardian’s permission before joining.
- If I do not receive a response to my e-mail from the winner after 3 days, a new winner will automatically be chosen.
- No cheating! I will be checking all entries carefully and if you are caught cheating, you will be immediately disqualified from the giveaway.
- The winners will be announced on my blog’s Facebook page, my Twitter, and will also be e-mailed directly so please make sure to provide a valid e-mail address that you can check regularly starting February 6, 2015.
- Strictly no giveaway blogs or social media accounts (blogs or accounts created just for joining giveaways)! This will result in an immediate disqualification as well.
- Participants who follow only to unfollow after the giveaway ends will also be disqualified and maybe even banned from any future giveaways.