As a lipstick fiend, I was excited to see that a new lipstick line was released by Fashion 21. Even better, it was a line consisting of entirely pink shades appropriately titled “Pink Obsession”.
Fashion 21 is a local, Filipino brand that has been selling trendy, affordable, and quality cosmetics since 1985. All of their products, from blushes to face powders to lipsticks, always come in a wide range of both shades and types. Even better, virtually every department store in the country is sure to have a Fashion 21 stall in it!
Honestly, I’ve only ever tried one product from them so far, which is a liquid liner. But I’ve often browsed their stalls and with these new lipsticks, I can confidently say their stuff is definitely budget-friendly and you’ll see that it’s easy to tell that quality hasn’t been sacrificed.
|From Fashion 21 (Facebook)|
The new Pink Obsession line, which came out a couple of months if I’m not mistaken, has seven shades in total: Hot Diva, Berry Princess, Sexy Lady, Baby Chic, Blushing Teen, Pretty Daisy, and Dream Girl.
The outer packaging is nothing special, made of thin and soft card paper, but very girly and feminine. Look at all that pink! I do like how one end of the box allows you to see the shade of the lipstick first too.
The lipstick is housed in a sleek pink, frosted case. For such an affordable item, it initially looks more expensive than what it’s actually worth. The case is durable too, as I’ve dropped a couple of the lipsticks and no damage to the case or the product inside!
On one side of the tube, the manufacturing date and LOT # is printed. I wish it was printed on the box instead though because on some of the tubes, the ink is somewhat smeared so it makes the tube look dirty.
Sometimes the tube also has what appears to be ink stains on other areas and they can’t be removed. This is the only thing that’s disappointed me about the packaging.
Now for a closer look at these lipsticks! The shade names (below) are respective of or correspond to what’s seen in the tube (above).
Now time for initial swatches!
|In order: Hot Diva, Pretty Daisy, Blushing Teen, Dream Girl|
|In order: Sexy Lady, Berry Princess, Baby Chic|
This post is going to be quite long but I since I love all the colors from this line so much, I’ll be doing lip swatches as well. What’s a lipstick post without showing how it looks on lips, right?
- Affordable at less than PHP200.00 or approximately $4.00
- Has a smooth and almost buttery formula that isn’t drying on the lips.
- Colors are quite pigmented already, only a few swipes needed for each to be almost fully opaque.
- Can survive a light meal and drinks with only minimal touch-ups needed after and throughout the day.
- Doesn’t bleed or feather, but you can always still use a lip liner and prime your lips first if you prefer.
- The tube is sturdy and keeps the lipstick safe from damage.
- Ink stains on some of the tubes can’t be removed and the manufacturing date and LOT # printed on them is smeared.
- Not really a complaint, but the shade names I find to be a little tacky. Especially “Sexy Lady”!