Another lip product, another review! This time, Etude House’s Cherry Lip Gel Patch which I’ll admit, I fell for just because it looked so cute and I learned was one of the newer items from EH. Also, remember my previous entry about me having dry lips? You can see why I bought this one right away.
The product claims to be “Formulated with vitalizing cherry extract, this lip-shaped hydro gel patch hydrates, repairs, and soothes for soft, supple, and smooth lips.“
Does it look like I had horrible lip surgery done? Haha, I guess not, but it definitely looks a little silly. I get that they made it big to accomodate all lip shapes and sizes, but I think they went a bit too far and could have just made it a little oversized and not something that also covers up my chin…then again, maybe they wanted to make sure the skin around your lips becomes moisturized too since those areas can get dry for some people? That’s what I think anyway.
- Very cute and girly packaging if you’re into that! Definitely eye-catching at the very least
- It made my lips feel really soft and smooth after
- I liked how I could taste a faint hint of cherry on my lips! It smells like cherry candy too
- Not exactly a pain or hassle for me, but it’s best to lie down when using this because if you’re upright and/or moving around, the patch starts to slide down and off your lips so you’ll need to be constantly adjusting it
- Some people may be hesitant to buy this because even though PHP148.00 isn’t too expensive of a price, it is a one-time use product after all
- Since the product is very wet/moist and slippery, it’s a bit difficult to get it out of the packaging, and as you can see I kind of tore it a little bit (the little ‘gash’ on the lower left side) with my nail in my attempt to pick it up and separate it from the plastic because the moisture made it ‘stick’ to the plastic itself
- The effects weren’t very long-lasting. Treat this like a face mask for your lips. Once you start eating, licking your lips, go out into cold weather, etc. then expect your lips to go back to normal, shall we say. Of course, there’s always lip balm you can reach for and which I suggest you do
Price: PHP148.00, Purchased from: Etude House (SM Megamall)